A house facing the waves of the Arabian Sea, nestled near Juhu Beach in the uber-luxurious Prime Beach building, is what Bollywood’s ‘khiladi’, Akshay Kumar, calls home. Akshay Kumar’s house in Juhu is a landmark in itself, not just for fans visiting Mumbai but thousands of netizens who stay glued to the regular updates shared by his wife Twinkle Khanna, a successful designer, author and columnist in her own right.
Akshay Kumar house price in Juhu
The aesthetically decked up abode, of arguably Bollywood’s highest-paid star and one of its wealthiest actors, is valued at approximately Rs 80 crores. The duplex apartment is home to the couple, their children Aarav and Nitara and pet dogs.
Akshay Kumar’s sister and mother also have apartments in the Prime Beach building and this is where Hrithik Roshan has also invested in his new apartment.
See also: A peek into Shahrukh Khan’s house Mannat
Akshay Kumar house interior and décor theme
The couple’s mesmerising Juhu duplex has been designed by Twinkle Khanna herself. The centerpiece of the living room is a delightful pond and the organic feel is carried throughout both floors with nature-friendly designs and ample greenery. A mango tree has been planted in the orchard cum garden/lawn accompanying the apartment which reminds Twinkle of Rajesh Khanna, her father and one of India’s biggest superstars. The ground floor has a luxe walk-in wardrobe, an expansive kitchen and home theatre, while the upper level has grey as the dominant theme.
The family enjoys a clear and expansive view of Juhu Beach. In fact, you shouldn’t be surprised to find the couple strolling along the sands till the Marriott, for a romantic date night. That is how close the property is to the beach.
It is fronted by a lovely lawn and orchard while the apartment itself is dotted with innumerable photographs, mementoes and artwork. Blue is the major colour choice for the garden while brown and beige are predominant hues for the rest of the duplex apartment, draping everything from the couch and walls to the floor patterns.
The earthly, organic and nature-friendly décor theme is a key motif for this Juhu apartment, while prints have been strategically used, ranging from wall pineapple prints to even vibrant Ikat bedspreads.
Check out Aamir Khan’s home in Mumbai and Panchgani
Akshay Kumar’s Juhu house features
Akshay Kumar’s majestic Juhu abode has several notable features, including:
- The living area has a 13-part pendant light installation, courtesy Klove Studio.
- The centre table is the creation of Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla.
- The dining area looks onto the orchard, through a glass wall.
- The first floor has the bedrooms, Twinkle Khanna’s home-office, a balcony and a pantry.
See also: A look inside Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh’s luxurious home in Mumbai
- Italianesque sofas grace the first floor along with south Indian silver sculptures and European figurines. Feminist artwork from the likes of Shipra Bhattacharya and Rekha Rodwittiya find place here.
- A daybed has been cosily positioned in the balcony, where the family plays indoor games such as backgammon and ludo while enjoying the lush view outside.
- Twinkle Khanna is a huge bookworm and her house is filled with cozy reading zones like a corner decorated with empty gin bottles, a painting done by a child and a multi-purpose shawl along with her favorite coffee bean and vanilla candle.
- The house has its own vegetation patch that is seemingly half-forest and half-farm in itself. The family grows its own tomatoes, brinjals, mangoes and sapotas here, among other produce. The garden has its own pond with a lovely Buddha head rising from the water.
- Almost every wall in the house is dotted with contemporary artwork from emerging and renowned artists.
- The Akshay Kumar house in Juhu formerly belonged to Sumati Morarjee, a freedom fighter and friend to MK Gandhi. The father of the nation used to spend time meditating on the lawns here, during his visits. Today, there is a stone statue positioned in the exact location.
- The lawn has extensive outdoor furniture including swings and sofas, making it ideal for family picnics and hosting parties.
Akshay Kumar’s properties
This Rs 80-crore duplex is situated in one of Mumbai’s costliest locations, although it is quite natural, considering Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna’s staggering net worth. Akshay Kumar loves investing in real estate; from a luxurious Goa holiday villa to an entire hill bungalow and apartments in Canada and even a premier home in Mauritius to several other Mumbai apartments, his portfolio can put several mid-sized developers to shame.
Check out price trends in Juhu
However, at the end of the day, the couple comes back home to this stunning Prime Beach duplex in Juhu that is a stunning ode to their taste.
Akshay Kumar’s mother passes away
In an unfortunate event, Akshay Kumar’s mother, Aruna Bhatia passed away on September 8, 2021. The superstar shared a tweet, writing how his mother ‘peacefully left this world today morning and got reunited with my dad in the other world’. Earlier, he had to urgently return to Mumbai from London after his mother’s health deteriorated and she was admitted to the ICU at Hiranandani Hospital. He had tweeted on September 7, stating that he was touched beyond words at people’s concern for his mother’s health. He also said that this was a tough hour for him and his entire family and asked for every single prayer of his fans and well-wishers.
What is the valuation of Akshay Kumar’s house in Juhu?
Akshay Kumar’s house in Juhu is estimated at approximately Rs 80 crores.
How many floors are there in Akshay Kumar’s house in Juhu?
Akshay Kumar and his family live in a duplex apartment.
What is the name of the building which has Akshay Kumar’s house in Juhu?
Akshay Kumar’s Juhu house is in the Prime Beach building.
Who is Akshay Kumar’s famous celebrity neighbour in the Prime Beach building?
Hrithik Roshan has invested in a new apartment in the Prime Beach building in Juhu and is Akshay Kumar’s neighbour.
(Images courtesy Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna’s Instagram accounts)