To restore the belief of the customers and investors in the real estate industry, the government established a guideline model named RERA (Real Estate Regulatory Authority) to ensure transparency, accountability with equitable transactions in the system regulated by an authority. The Rajya Sabha passed the bill of the RERA Act enacted by the Parliament of India on the 10th of March, 2016.
The Uttarakhand Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Rules was notified on 28 April, 2017. The state government introduced the online portal that helps homebuyers to register their complaints online.
By delivering transparency, protection, integrity, and sanctions, the RERA act brings forth several benefits for the customers, developers, and investors:
- The RERA website addresses complaints through the grievance redressal forum. The redressal gets completed within 60 days of submission of the form.
- It removes super-builder costs by establishing carpet area standardization.
- You’ll only have to make an advance payment of 10% to your builder, agent, or developer.
- It protects the rights of the customers in case of any fault in the project.
- The transparency clause is maintained by providing detailed information about all the projects.
And the best part is that you can get all the benefits of RERA by simply visiting the official website: RERA Uttarakhand.
In this article, we will let you know how you can use this website along with all other things that you need to know about Uttarakhand RERA.
Services provided by Uttarakhand RERA
Here are some services provided by the Uttarakhand RERA include:
- Agent registration
- Project registration
- RERA consultancy
- RERA training
- Project quarterly compliances
- Project extension
- Application for Project completion
- GST Registration
- Change in the project name or in a bank account
How to register a real estate project with Uttarakhand RERA?
To register a project online with Uttarakhand RERA, you need to follow just a few simple steps. Here’s what you need to do:
- Step 1: First, you have to visit Uttarakhand RERA official website.
- Step 2: Now, from the home window, click on the ‘Project Registration’ option.
- Step 3: After this, you will be redirected to a new page with a registration form. Make sure you fill in the correct details in the required fields before submitting.
- Step 4: To save and proceed to the following directives, click on the “Next” button.
To view the list of registered Real Estate Projects with RERA in Uttarakhand- Click on the View Registered Projects.
How to register with Uttarakhand RERA as a real estate agent?
If you are a Real Estate Agent, then the registration process is quite different for you. Well, here’s what you need to do:
- Step 1: First of all, you have to visit the official website of Uttarakhand RERA.
- Step 2: On the homepage, look for the ‘Agent Registration’ option, click on it.
- Step 3: This will redirect to a different page with a registration form. Fill the asked details in the required blocks.
- Step 4: To save and proceed with your input data, click on the “Next” button.
To view the registered Real Estate Agents with RERA in Uttarakhand, click on View Real Estate Agent Registered Records.
What are the requirements to register on RERA Uttrakhand?
Registration with RERA has some eligibility criteria which one must fulfil. It varies depending on the role to be selected. These criteria include:
- The project land should be more than 500 square meters or eight apartments.
- In the case of ongoing projects with no completion certificate, even on the date of commencement of the Act, a three months registration time is given.
- It is mandatory to have prior registration from RERA for an agent who promotes the selling and buying of real estate projects.
- Agents/Directors/Partners will be given a single registration number. This registration number is unique for each State or Union Territory. The agent has to mention it in every sale facilitated.
There’s a registration ree for developers to register on RERA Uttarakhand, which varies per the project need. We have listed out the complete registration fee chart below:
|Project description||Registration fee|
|For plotted development projects||Rs.5 per square meter. The maximum fee is capped up to Rs.2 lakh.|
|For commercial projects||Rs.20 per square meter. The maximum fee is capped up to Rs.10 lakh.|
|For mixed development projects||Rs.15 per square meter. The maximum fee is capped up to Rs.7 lakh.|
|For group housing projects||Rs.10 per square meter. The maximum fee capped up to Rs.5 lakh.|
Required documents and information
The document and information are split into two different categories as per the requirements. These are:
For the registration of a real estate project for a promoter:
- An authenticated, hard copy of your PAN card.
- Audited Balance Sheet, make sure it’s for the preceding financial year (FY).
- Proof for Income Tax Return (3 preceding FYs).
- Count of available parking areas available in the project.
- A legal Title Deed specifying the title of the promoter to the land. An authenticated copy is a must.
- Encumbrances details of the proposed land. The detail must also include any previous title, dues, interest, and litigation.
- A declaration letter stating clearly that the promoter will not violate any allottee during the time of allotment.
- Lastly, a detailed report of the existing project, including the project status total and built-up area.
For the registration of a real estate project for a real estate agent:
- An authenticated hard copy of your PAN card.
- A copy of your agent/partners/directors address proof.
- In the case of any firm or company, a copy of the registration certificate is required.
- Address proof of the business place.
- Two-colour photographs of your agent/directors/partner.
- Statement of Income Tax Returns for the preceding three financial years (FYs).
If you have these required documents ready, you can simply complete the registration process hassle-free. If you find something unnatural and against the provisions, you can even file a complaint regarding it on the website.
How to file a complaint with RERA Uttarakhand?
If you find any violation of the Uttarakhand RERA Act provisions, you can simply file a complaint against that particular event.
To do so, just follow these few steps:
- Step 1: First, you have to visit the official Uttarakhand RERA website.
- Step 2: On the homepage, look for the ‘Complaint Registration’ option, click on it.
- Step 3: This will redirect you to a different page to provide your complaint details with a suitable title. (Note: Make sure you attach supporting documents for a better understanding of the grievance)
- Step 4: Lastly, click on the “Submit” button and proceed with your complaint.
It takes hardly a few hours to get a response back from the government authorities regarding your filed complaint.
RERA Uttarakhand contact details
Here is the contact information for Uttarakhand RERA.
Address: Rajeev Gandhi Complex, Near Tehsil, Dispensary Road, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, 248001
Phone number: 01352719500
Helpdesk contact: +918859901717
Fax number: 01352719500
Email address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Is RERA applicable in Uttarakhand?
The RERA Act in Uttarakhand 28 April 2017 to ensure efficiency and transparency in the real estate sector and restore the faith in real estate by safeguarding buyers from scams, project delays, and fraudulence.
What is the maximum time allotted to register a project by RERA?
According to the Act, RERA should not take more than 30 days to register a project. The day count starts from the day of receiving the application.